Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Party Trick

Last night while out drinking with my work mates I witnessed a strange event. We were sat in a bar, called O Bar, that has two levels and the stairs come down into the main bar where we were drinking.

So, all of a sudden there was a loud crash a we just saw a guy fall, from about half way up the stairs, down onto the floor. It looked like he'd landed on his head and there was a half sympathetic groan from most of the people sat around. The guy got up, rubbed his head a bit and went about his business claiming to be ok. His mates were having a good old chuckle about it and so with everyone healthy and no blood spilt on the floor we carried on with our night out.

About quarter of an hour later I crossed paths with one of the friends of the guy who had fallen. "Is your mate ok?" I asked, "That really looked like it hurt!"

The friend, who was wearing a fantastic, chequered, lumberjack style shirt I must add, just laughed.

"That's his party trick!" he said "He just chucks himself down stairs for fun."

I just looked at the guy in disbelief

"He's much better when he's wearing his slippy shoes you know" the friend added as he left.

Wonders never cease!

4 comments:

Sephyroth said...

Just thought I'd say hi as I'm trying to visit and comment on as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can. :)

Very strange trick, that. But if it works for him, so be it. :)

Caligula said...

I can only point out that your output is as bad as mine. Thankfully i've not been reduced to telling old Jimmy Tarbuck jokes as a blog. Shame on you as a writer my friend.

Anonymous said...

I think Steve already wrote about it, didn't he?!?

Anonymous said...

Old Jimmy Tarbuck jokes?? This whole event did actually occur while I was present, or are you suggesting that the guy and his friends set the whole thing up so that they could reenact a Jimmy Tarbuck joke which I then write about.

I'm very confused by your comment Mr Trainer!